Thursday, November 4, 2010

I AM BYU

I am BYU
I am the one who has a stretch Y on all of his vehicles.
I am the one who plans weddings and vacations during the bye week intentionally.
I am the one who doesn't own one piece of red clothing.
I am the one who has a 18 year old kid named Ty.
I am the one that remembers exactly where he was at the end of the Miracle Bowl.
I am a Bears fan turned 49er fan turned Eagles fan turned Colts fan.
I am the one who owns a wooden train whistle.
I am the one who comes early, screams loud and stays late.
I am the one who rakes his leaves into a Y.
I am the one who watches a guy named Jimmer and has flashbacks of a guy named Danny.
I am the one who heard what Max said and couldn't disagree.
I am the one who has 2 weeks worth of BYU shirts.
I am the one who flies the blue and white right below the red, white and blue.
I am the one who watched a Super Bowl MVP quarterback be on the receiving end of a game winning touchdown.
I am the one who has driven 20+ hours to see a 14-13 final score.
I am the one who has eaten watermelon with Lavell.
I am the one who hears "Caught for the touchdown! Caught for the touchdown! Caught for the touchdown!" every time his phone rings.
I am the one who witnessed a senior send BYU to the Elite 8.
I am the one who has "STLLOPN" on his license plate.
I am the one who watched a quarterback get carried off the field only to return and hobble his way to a National Championship.
I am the one who laughs when I hear the word "doink".
I am the one who enters the bookstore with the intentions of buying a 5 dollar shirt and leaves carrying 4 bags.
I am the one who stays till the final whistle in a blizzard.
I am the one who has embraced strangers after witnessing a blocked field goal.
I am the one who has "Enter to learn, go 4th and 18" on his shirt.
I am the one who watched a junior win the Heisman Trophy with one game.
I am Independent.
I am Tradition.
I am Spirit.
I am Honor.
I AM BYU

No comments:

Post a Comment